Unify Your Learning System with the ATS Moodle™ LMS Bridge
Delivering eLearning opportunities to your members with Moodle™? Make the most of your LMS strategy with the ATS Moodle™ Bridge for iMIS, the integration solution that allows valuable data to be shared between these two powerful applications. Seamlessly and painlessly.
The Bridge to Big Benefits
By integrating iMIS and Moodle™ via the ATS Bridge, you can optimize the value of your data to enhance member engagement and increase revenue. Your Moodle™ vendor will need to complete some tasks for successful implementation of the bridge.
- Single sign-on to give members a seamless user experience between Moodle™ and iMIS.
- Take orders for Moodle™ products in iMIS, and automatically send the order to the Moodle™ platform.
- Write course completion data back to the member's record in iMIS, including completion date, credit hours, credit hour type, and score.
Supported Use Cases
- Course access can be purchased in iMIS as a product, event, or subscription. Upon successful checkout, course registrations are pushed to Moodle™ with the option to send a confirmation e-mail from Moodle™.
- Once registered for a course, registrants access their course(s) via a Single sign-on application using their iMIS credentials.
- Upon completion of the course, Moodle™ will write back completion data to iMIS including the credit hours and type (where applicable). These data can then be used for reporting purposes or to create CEU records per the organization's needs.
- When a contact registers for a second course, the bridge will update Moodle™ with the user's current contact information from iMIS if they are already in Moodle™.
- Specify groups in Moodle™. Using an IQA the group(s) will be added to the persons Moodle™ record. The group's attributes in Moodle can be updated on a scheduled basis using automated synchronization process. For example, you may want to create a group called "Teachers". An IQA can be built in iMIS that includes id numbers for all contacts within the "Teachers" group. As people are added and/or removed from the IQA their group in Moodle™ will be updated automatically.
- Cancellations can be sent to Moodle from iMIS automatically. Should a person unenroll from the event in iMIS, the person can be unenrolled from the course in Moodle automatically.
- Moodle™ uses a number of common functions. The bridge supports the ability for your Moodle™ developer to override this functionality with custom code. For example, a developer may want to trigger a custom email to the instructor when someone registers. Each of the following function names can be overwritten with a custom function name provided by your Moodle™ developer.
- Search for a user in Moodle™
- Create a new user in Moodle™
- Update user in Moodle™
- Enroll a user in a Moodle™ course
- Unenroll a user from a Moodle™ course
- The Moodle™ developer can determine what constitutes course completion and call the bridge to update iMIS with course completion data. In addition, Moodle™ developers have the ability to update progress in iMIS throughout a course. For example, if a course consists of five sections, each section completion can be recorded in iMIS along with the overall course completion. The bridge provides the ability and flexibility for the Moodle™ developer to record this in iMIS.
- If you have a use case that is not listed or would like additional information, please Contact ATS.
What ATS Provides
- An iPart that gets put on your confirmation page to send information about the user and purchase to Moodle™.
- An endpoint that will allow your Moodle™ vendor to push data back to iMIS.
- A component of an SSO solution that will force the user to login to iMIS and send a token to Moodle™ or create a cookie that can be used to retrieve information about the logged in use. We also provide a SAML SSO as an alternative.
You will need your Moodle™ Vendor/Consultant to provide assistance from the Moodle™ side on at least the following components.
- If necessary, overwrite the standard Moodle™ functions with custom code for search, create, update, enroll, and unenroll.
- Activate and configure the Moodle™ Web Services REST API.
- Single sign-on between site and Moodle: Action Required: Either install and configure a standard SAML plugin for Moodle™ OR Develop Moodle™ plugin to accept cookie or querystring parameter and log user into Moodle™.
- Course completion data written to iMIS: Action Required: Develop Moodle™ plugin to call and send data to ATS Moodle™ Bridge API method.
ATS can provide other vendor contacts to assist in this work if you don't have your own Moodle™ vendor.