ATS D2L Brightspace Bridge for iMIS
So Much More Than a Learning Management System
Packed with powerful tools, customizable content, and best-in-class service and support, Brightspace leaves the limitations of a traditional LMS in the dust. Create personalized learning at scale and help learners realize their true potential with a learning innovation platform that is evolved as purposefully as education itself.
- Create users in Brightspace
- Push purchases from iMIS to Brightspace
- Push learners into courses in Brightspace from data in iMIS
- Push learners into sections in Brightspace from data in iMIS
- Push learners into groups in Brightspace from data in iMIS
- Enroll assessors and other non-learners into Brightspace from data in iMIS
- Single sign-on
- Retrieve awards issues in Brightspace and record into iMIS including credit hours earned
- Keep learners up-to-date in Brightspace through scheduled refresh of contact data for users
- Supports custom attributes being passed from iMIS to Brightspace
Supported Use Cases
- Course access can be purchased in iMIS as a product, event, or subscription. Upon successful checkout, course registrations are pushed to Brightspace. In some situations, sections and groups are used in Brightspace. If the registration is affiliated with a section or with a group, the person will be enrolled in the section and group as well.
- If you have registrations that don’t originate in iMIS, or need to be approved before being sent to Brightspace, you can enroll learners in Brightspace through the use of an IQA that can be based on any data in iMIS, including authorization from another module of iMIS Bridge.
- Some organizations keep track of assessors or people with other roles in iMIS. Those people can be enrolled into any course along with their specific role through the use of an IQA.
- Once registered for a course through an automatic registration or through an IQA, registrants access their course(s) via a single sign-on application using their iMIS credentials.
- Learners will earn awards in Brightspace. One of the awards can be a designation as a completion award. Each of these awards, including the completion award will be written back to iMIS. If the award has credit hours associated with them, those will also be recorded in iMIS so that you can determine when the entire course is complete.
- Some associations require that contact information be kept up to date in iMIS. For example, if a company name or email changes it may be important to send that to Brightspace. Brightspace rules can then be triggered to act on those changes in data. This module provides a method to keep records up-to-date by periodically sending updated iMIS records to Brightspace for Learners. This will also happen if the user registers for a second course. This will allow for changes that occur in iMIS to be sent to Brightspace, even if the user is in the middle of a course.
- If you have a use case that is not listed or would like additional information, please Contact ATS.