The ATS WordPress Bridge:
The best way to connect iMIS with your Website
Integrate your WordPress website with your iMIS database.
It's about the member experience
Many organizations use iMIS RiSE for their entire website. Other organizations see advantages of using multiple platforms for the member experience. By integrating iMIS and WordPress, you can take advantage of information in iMIS to create a seamless member experience. For example, what happens when you want to lock down a page to members only or a specific member type? The ATS iMIS WordPress plug-in can help. With this plugin, you will be able to authenticate your users based on credentials in the iMIS database. There are two options when logging in.
- Use the iMIS login page. This option will result in the member being sent to the iMIS login page where they can login, use the forgot password feature, or create a new account. This method is the most common.
- Use a login form on the WordPress site and validate the credentials entered from the iMIS database. Through the use of a WordPress Short Code, a WordPress developer can put a login box anywhere on the WordPress site.
Once the person is logged in you will want authorize which content the person can see. The iMIS WordPress plug-in provides several options for locking down content. Once the plug-in is installed and configured, WordPress administrators will have the following options of locking down content.
Do not restrict this page - This option is the default and results in no authentication for accessing the page.
- Restrict to authenticated users - This option requires the person to login but will not check any other credentials. They just have to be logged in.
- Restrict to members only - This option looks at the member record flag in iMIS to determine if the person is a member or not.
- Restrict to IQA - This option allows you to specify an IQA query in iMIS for ID numbers and only allow those people to access this content. This option is good for committees, conference registrants, people who have donated over $500, people who have bought a download, members of a chapter, or any other query you can dream up in iMIS.
- Restrict to iMIS Member Types - This option locks down the content to specific member types. For example, only associate members or only student members can view.
- Restrict to iMIS Roles - This option will let you lock down content to people with specific roles in iMIS such as company administrator.
Easy Does It: Integration Made Simple
Gaining all the benefits of iMIS and WordPress integration is easy with the ATS iMIS Bridge. We offer everything it takes to get started quickly and easily, assuring:
- Compatibility with all versions of iMIS using the .NET iMIS Business Objects and Web Services (from 10-20)
- An upgradeable, secure solution that accommodates several flexible deployment models
- Easy set-up and one time configuration
There are two components to the integration.
- A WordPress Plugin
- The ATS WordPress webservice
Once configured and setup you will be on your way to full WordPress integration with your website.
If you are also looking to make your RiSE site look just like your WordPress site, check out the ATS Scrape technique
for a totally seamless experience.